24 September 2010

Once a year whether I need to or not....


Apparently blogging just ain't my thing. I don't facebook, I don't myspace, I don't "social network." Just not my cup of tea, ball of wax, etc. I prefer real face-to-face friend encounters rather than facebook posts.

Recently, I realized that I am fast approaching the ONE YEAR mark since my last blog. An old high school friend I recently re-connected with emailed a few days ago--she's a career mom...works some environmenta-basedl job for a big company....and has one little girl who's 2.

She emailed & relayed her busy-ness dropping said kid off at daycare, hitting her office, etc. And she asked me, now that my daughters are 2nd graders--How do you stay busy during the day? The implication being that Stay-At-Home-Moms do NOT work.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........that's a good one.

As you can see--I'm too busy to log on & post a simple blog entry. Do I keep busy?!?! Yeah, I think so.

Whereas other women have made their careers their life--I have made being a mom my career. :) I am super-proficient at laundry, cooking, shopping, cleaning, kid-carting, school-volunteering, soccer-whatever-ing, family functions, etc. And I don't just mean a scattered trip to get groceries after work or 10 loads of laundry all during one crazy Saturday.

Being a mom is my daily 24/7 job. No monetary benefits. No vacation time. NO sick leave...hahahaha...just the thought of that is funny! No 8-5 hours. I am on-duty, on-call all day everyday.

And I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm damn good at this job. In short...........I rock. :)

No comments: