27 June 2009

3 Free Hours!


Wowie! I had THREE FREE HOURS today! Woo hoo!

My kids had a great time at the birthday party--and it was only 3 houses away, so we were able to walk to it too. :) The mom hosting helped the kids make homemade ice cream as part of their "birthday fun" & you'd have thought they invented the lightbulb the way they're going on & on & ON about "how cool that was, Mom!"

So good, way to go, kiddoes....I prefer the fast route to my ice cream--the drive-thru lane of the Dairy Queen, or a half gallon from WalMart. ;) I'm just glad they had fun.

I had fun too--hubby went golfing, so for 3 hours I was ALONE. Wow again. I did laundry (by myself), ran the dishwasher (by myself), even fixed and ate lunch (by myself). Which I NEVER get to do! Usually I eat a bite here or there as I'm serving other people lunch. As in--"Mom, can I have some chips now?" "Mom, can I have more milk?" "Mom, do HAFTA eat the crusts on my sandwich?!?" So eating alone is a rare, stress-free luxury...almost as good as showering in an empty house!

And best of all...I did indeed get time to scrapbook! I finished TWO pages! Holy smokes! I never go that fast. (Ok, I have to admit--they were pages from a kit-of-the-month club...so all I had to do was follow the directions & cut here, adhere there, embellish, etc.--but still I finished TWO of them!) :)

I am almost giddy with the enjoyment of my afternoon. Even my grouchy hubby who claims I jinxed him (because he golfed his second-worst round ever today) can't ruin my good mood.

Have a lovely weekend y'all...and I will too!

PS--the picture is a super-girlie card I made for a friend who's pregnant with #3 (two boys thus far) & just found out she has to go on bed rest AGAIN! She deserves something pink & happy. :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That card is super cute and I still get that excited about home made ice cream too! Sooo good!