23 July 2009

Kids Are Nuts

Ok, so I do love my kids. But they are nutty. And driving me nutty--frequently. It's already been a LONG summer.

And yet, I can't believe they'll be First Graders in just one month! WOW. The summer is half over already, and I hardly feel like I've had time to settle in.....nuts.

It's all nuts. Truly--that is my favorite word nowadays (besides "Yikes!"...that one fits some aspect of my day, every single freakin' day....YIKES!)

My nephews are in town too right now--staying at Papa Nana House for the week. So we've been having lots of nutty "Cousin Playtime" everyday. They may be 9 & 12, and my Girls only 6 1/2....but when all 4 kids get together it's sheer nuttiness. Chasing, giggling, teasing--you name it. The usual Cousin Fun.

And my hubby leaves tomorrow for a 10-day (solo) trip to Seattle for his 30-year high school reunion (yes, he IS that old). I must say, I can't wait for his trip--he'll get the chance to hang out with friends & family, and I'll get the chance to enjoy some nutty "Girl Time" with my daughters at home alone. Woo hoo!

Taking Daddy out of the mix eases up on some of the nuttiness, and adds nuttiness in other areas. We have a big week planned though (now that swim lessons are over--thank goodness)--we'll be hitting the DQ, probably shopping at Costco & Walmart, painting toenails, AND baking cookies. Oatmeal were requested, and they usually don't turn out for me....but I'm game. I'll give anything a try when my darlings ask nicely.

So there you go....kids are nuts. Parents are nuts. Life is nuts. YIKES! ;)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Amen Sista, life is just nuts sometimes. How fun that you are going to have some girl time. I wish I could come play. I love all the things you listed especially the DQ part. We actually have a DQ here in Utah, we didn't have one anywhere near where I used to live and life is just better with a blizzard.